Pinewood Derby Pack886.net
Pack 886's Pinewood Derby Rules
Pinewood Derby Rules
We want to ensure everyone enjoys a fair and fun race day! To that end, we will enforce the following rules for all cars submitted for racing:
- The car weight shall not exceed 5.0 ounces. The official race day scale shall be considered final.
- The overall length of the car shall not exceed 7 inches.
- The overall width of the car shall not exceed 2.75 inches.
- The car must have a minimum of 1.75 inch clearance between the inside edges of the wheels (front and rear).
- The car must have a minimum of 3/8 inch clearance underneath the body to ensure the car does not rub while rolling down the track.
- The body must use a wood block provided in the official car kit. The block may be shaped any way desired (while ensuring adherence all specifications).
- The car must be freewheeling with no starting device. Gravity power only!
- No loose material of any kind (such as lead shot) may be used. This is to prevent damage or interference with the track or its electronic components.
- Construction of ALL entries MUST have begun AFTER last year’s race.
- The car must not ride on any type of spring or spring apparatus.
- Details such as the steering wheel, driver, decals, painting and interior detail are permissible as long as these adhere to all size specifications.
- The car must use wheels supplied with the official car kit.
- The wheels may not be cut or drilled, nor can they have the surface tread area beveled or rounded. You are allowed to remove any tread surface seam from the wheels.
- The axles (nails) supplied with the kit must be used. They may be polished.