Sports - Tennis
Tennis Loop and Pin
Tiger, Wolfs, Bears and Webelos Scouts may complete these requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment.
Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Tennis Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of tennis to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing tennis skills.
- Participate in a tennis game.
Requirements for the Tennis Pin
Earn the Tennis belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community tennis tournament.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of the equipment needed to play tennis (rackets, balls, shoes, clothing, and court).
- Practice for 30 minutes developing forehand techniques through forehand bump-ups with a bounce, partner bump-ups with a target, forehand alley rally, forehand alley rally over a "net," drop-hit forehand bumps, drop-hit catch in pairs, and toss-hit catch in pairs.
- Practice developing serving skills for 30 minutes.
- Explain to your leader or adult partner how to score in tennis.
- Accurately draw, label, and explain a tennis court layout.
- Play five games of tennis using U.S. Tennis Association rules.
- Participate in a tennis skills development clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional tennis meet.
- Present to your den or family a report on the history of tennis.
Tennis Online Resources
Steps to Follow:
- Download and Print Worksheet at bottom of page
- Scout completes Worksheet
- Turn completed Worksheet into your Den Leader
- Den Leader may have questions for your Scout
- Den Leader will enter completion date into Tracking Software
- Scout will be awarded Loop a/o Pin at the next Pack Meeting
- Limit of Two Loops and Two Pins per Month